“If the book we are reading does not wake us, as with a fist hammering on our skull, why then do we read? So that it shall make us happy? Good God, we should also be happy if we had no books, and such books as make us happy we could, if need be, write ourselves. But what we must have are those books which come upon us like ill fortune, and distress us deeply, like the death of one we love better than ourselves; like suicide. A book must be an ice-ax to break the sea frozen inside us – Franz Kafka.”
That’s the standards on which I’ve decided to nominate these people for very inspiring blogger award. I’m not specifically going to nominate new bloggers, I do not have that in mind, we have Blogger Recognition Award for that. Like I said, I want good writing. I want the writing to make me think, make me question, change my opinion.
But being me, I cannot follow the rules entirely. So I’m going to nominate few artists also. Illustrator work I’m utterly impressed with. And I mean in the sense where I end up questioning my drawing efforts.
The rules (My modified version)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Provide a link to their blog and a ping-back to the original post.
- Write a post to show your award stating how you started the blog and what are your inspirations? Attach the award to the post.
- Select 5-10 other blogs you want to give the award to (remember the word very inspiring), stating the reason.
- Who are your top 5 bloggers and why?
- What type of posts do you like to read?
- Do you plan to change any styles regarding your blog?
- Once your post is complete, copy the link and add it to a post of theirs.
Eight Blogs I nominate for Very Inspiring Blogger Award, drum roll please, are:
- Jo Fox – Adventures in Art
- Bad Dad Cartoons 101
- the weird poet
- brushes and papers
- Charlie says
I started with thirty different blogs and ended up shortening it to twelve. Now making it eight from twelve, that took some brain-storming, but nonetheless, here we are. As I have not been nominated, I do not have to explain the reason but I’ll simply say one thing, these bloggers, they make a difference in my life.
Very Inspiring Blogger Award
I’ve nominated every single one of you because you inspire my creativity. After going through your posts, I create something (Don’t worry, your copyright infringement is intact). It is my request that you nominate a blogger who ignites a spark of creativity in you (And no, you do not have to nominate me, unless you believe the nomination to be deserving).